Thursday, October 02, 2008

chocolate "cup" cake


I stumbled across this recipe for a chocolate cake you can make in 5 minutes, in the microwave:
http://www.dizzy-dee.com/recipe/chocolate-cake-in-5-minutes

I told my pregnant friends all about it. If they were overcome with a chocolate-pregnancy-craving this would be the perfect fix. It wasn't overly sweet, perfect for 2 people (or one hungry person with a baby in their belly), and it only took a little over 2 minutes in my microwave.

I made some minor changes to the original recipe after reading everyone's feedback on dizzy-dee's blog post. It turned out awesome! My kids thought it was so cool that we made it in the microwave. Here's my version (but make sure you check out the original recipe!):

Ingredients:

2 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar (trust me, it wasn't too sweet even though this sounds like a lot of sugar)
2 tbsp cocoa (baking cocoa, not hot chocolate mix)
1 tsp baking powder
handful of chocolate chips (optional)
1 small egg
3 tbsp milk
2 tbsp olive oil

Instructions:
1. In an over-sized mug, mix all dry ingredients
2. Add egg, milk, and olive oil. Mix well.
4. Place mug in the microwave. Cook for 2 to 2.5 minutes on high.

On the original recipe she says cook for 3 minutes on high, on an 1000 watt microwave. I have a 1500 watt microwave. My cake started rising after 2 minutes, then I let it go for another 30 seconds for a total of 2.5 minutes. When it started to rise I had to do the cooking-oatmeal-in-the-microwave-thing. What, you don't know what I'm talking about? That's where you stop and start the microwave so the oatmeal doesn't overflow in the bowl!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home