Monday, February 18, 2008

Recent Sewing Projects: Zippered Pouch and Pencil Roll






Zippered Pouch
I finished 2 sewing projects last week. One is a zippered pouch with an adorable hedgehog print, which is a japanese linen fabric from superbuzzy.

I used a stiff interfacing called Peltex so that it would keep its shape. The Peltex was from Joann's -- I used a 50% off coupon and got a whole roll of it at a great price. The inside is lined with brown cotton, which I handstitched in place.

Pencil Roll
For the pencil roll I used a great japanese linen printed fabric, again from superbuzzy! Its got pink mushrooms and trees on the pattern and I lined the inside with brown cotton. It will hold 12 colored pencils. For this project I used a felt interfacing, which is much softer and was a better choice for the pencil roll.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home