Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend - Rest, Relaxation, and some Crafting

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving with their loved ones. We definitely enjoyed our Thanksgiving and this 4-day weekend has been great too! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity at work and home and it's nice to slow down a little bit, before the mad rush of Christmas begins.

So far this weekend I finished this baby blanket. I love the colors in the fabric -- dusty rose and green -- and I chose a nice olive-colored binding tape for it. I just need to wrap it up and it'll be ready for gifting.

There is a lovely new fabric shop -- The Bobbin's Nest Studio -- in my neighborhood and I had an excuse to buy fabric :) I'm working on 2 custom orders this weekend: 6 crayon rolls and 2 art pencil rolls. I'll post pictures hopefully tomorrow when they're finished. The Bobbin's Nest is lovely. The shop owner (Erin) has really great taste in decorating and the store is very well-organized. They carry fabric, yarn, crafting notions/supplies/books, and a whole room of sewing machines that you can use by the hour. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home