Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Teeny tiny swap

The boys and I are participating in our very first swap, called a Teeny Tiny Swap. We're basically making small care packages of special things and mailing them to our "swap matches". We could include anything we want, but ideally things that are handmade. Here's some detailed info about the swap from the wonderful swap organizer herself. She'll be posting pictures of the packages so you can check back later to see all the goodies.

I'm excited and anxious at the same time about the swap...I'm also a little intimidated. Everyone seems so crafty and cool. And how do they find the time to make/do all the wonderful things that they talk about on their blogs? I love looking at the pictures they post of their crafting. I hope our swap matches like the packages we make for them!

What else have I been up to this week?

Looking for a new daycare for my little one *sigh*. Our caregiver just told all her parents that she's closing her daycare. I only have a few weeks to find someone I can trust to care for my baby. I wish I could stay home with him but that's just not something my husband and I can afford right now. Living in California is expensive. I've been calling and visiting some potential daycares in our area. We'll see how it goes.

Getting ready for school to start
We finished all the clothes and supply shopping last week for my older boy. He's already got his backpack filled with the items from his supply list. This week I plan on washing all his clothes, hemming his pants, and getting him a haircut! Yesterday I had him practice his multiplication. We drew a grid on a piece of paper with 0-12 across the top and then down the left side, then we made about 5 copies of it to fill out. That's about the extent of his academics this summer! (Just kidding)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home